I get plenty of clients who are diabetic and if they follow my advice and food plans, most of the time they are able to manage their blood sugar levels efficiently with nothing but food. First of all I strongly advice them to hydrate, imbibe on superfoods and exercise regularly. that simple.
Dehydration is the hidden cause of major body system malfunctioning leading to ageing and diseases. Drinking high quality water like boiled rain water is safe and cheap but the best is to get a reverse-osmisis filter which are slowly entering the Kenyan market due to the amount of chemicals in city plan water.
Hydrating with fruits, veg and herbal iced teas is another smart way to ensure good health. Watermelon, pineapple, mangoes are among the clean 15 (foods grown with almost no chemical pesticides). Lemon water also helps regulate blood sugar, like clockwork, especially the small green local varieties. Lemon can beat any pharmaceutical in doing this, I can bet a million shillings on that. Just a simple fruit with so amazing benefits, for health and cleaning. I also ensure my clients use less chemicals in the home that affect the immune system leaving you vulnerable to disease. I make sure they use lemon + baking soda solution as an all purpose cleaner and coconut oil + baking soda as tooth paste.
Next I get them on cheap, locally available organic superfoods scientifically proven to treat and cure diabetes;
- Stinging Nettle
- Cayenne Pepper
- Himalayan Natural Salt
- Traditional veg like amaranth leaves (terere), managu, saga, better yet juice them with carrots for taste.
- Green Tea
- Beet Root
- Chlorella (OK this is quite pricey KES 2260 at Healthy U but given the amazing health benefits it brings to the table, It is a worthwhile investment)
These above superfoods will also help boost metabolism and they end up losing weight since their systems are working to capacity as opposed when they were not exposed to these healing foods.
It is vital to note that none of my clients use drugs, insulin, and other crap to try to treat them and that is key to being healthier, avoid foreign materials in the name of medicine whose names you cannot spell nor pronounce.
- Just mix nettle + cayenne pepper + natural himalayan salt + lemon juice + warm water and drink everyday twice and see those extra KGs shed off like nonsense.
- Of course exercise is key and I am not talking about the gym. Ok the gym is better than not going to the gym but you know what is the best? exercise in nature, be it a walk along the beach, or just a walk where you will see trees and breath fresh air.
- BTW deep breathing exercises are a good way to detox and prevent cancer, by bringing oxygen down to the cellular level, so next time you are brisk walking just take a deep breath and hold it for 8 seconds, then breath for 4 secs, the hold for 8 secs and so on, you will feel better by the 5th breath, by the 20th, you’ll be high, natural high, feels so good. I walk almost 4 KMs doing this and it is one of the best times in my work out routine.
- Drinking adequate amount of water and fresh natural juices also helps in improving metabolism, detoxing and subsequently weight loss.
- Keeping away from refined dead foods will also help in weight loss as well as cancer prevention and a myriad of other ailments. If you drink tea/coffee with refined sugar and bread (brown bread is not healthier) and spread it with margarine/jam and add a piece of MSG-laden sausages or sodium nitrite loaded hot dogs, you are entangling yourself in a health harzardous quagmire. Just make porridge with wimbi (millet and/or sorghum) and sweeten with organic honey.
- Avoid cosmetics. I know a majority of women in urban areas use cosmetics and the higher the class, the higher the levels of toxicity in the hand bag. Please ladies do not shoot the messenger but cosmetics contain a very heavy dosage of toxins that affect metabolism hence why most women gain weight much faster, very little to do with hormones. Us men too use a good number of chemicals like deodorant, shaving cream, cologne, anti-perspirant, lotion which are nothing but cancer and also lead to infertility and erectile injection. This is one of the reasons why many young men UNDER 23 YEARS are turning to viagra, enzoy and other stuff which have devastating horrible side effects. Some people argue that this is population control, since we are almost 7 billion on this earth and resources are dwindling, food prices are off the roof, maybe they are right, what say you?