If you thought that ‘brown bread’ is any much healthier than the white counterpart then you might have been duped by big industry. What they do is just add brown color and maybe, a very slight maybe, some molasses and/or whole grain flour to make it brown in color but not too much to alter it significantly, nutrition-wise.
Perfectly legal, because it is indeed brown bread but I think it is even more dangerous to your health than white bread, since the white flour has barely any nutrients and it has been bleached with very toxic chemicals, Soi it would be smarter to make your own, if you have the time or purchase from us. call now 0727 984 442. We Sell 100% whole grain bread with every ingredient thought out from a health perspective, a first in this country, with the following recipe, you will get to feel how our simple bread is very nutritious especially when compared to typical supermarket bread, even good bakeries like artcarffe don’t have bread this nutrient-dense, you only eat 1 slice, 2 max and you are full.
- 1.5-2 cups Winnie pure health flour
This flour is amazing because it is naturally fortified with superfoods like amaranth, finger millet and some rye to improve health profile and texture as well. The quantity varies because while kneading the dough, you will know exactly what amount of flour to use. If you can’t follow your instinct on this then baking will be a problem since ingredients, weather change everyday and you can’t use the exact same recipe every time, but you can trust your instinct, your inner voice is always right.
- 1/3 teaspoon Himalayan natural salt
Contains 84 minerals and no toxins like most table salts, number one option in my kitchen and it also doubles up as a health supplement, great for managing blood pressure. blood sugar and other lifestyle diseases.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
My number 1 cooking oil, great because it prevents heat-based carcinogens from forming when food is cooked, or in this case baked in high temperatures. On top of that, it scores an A in the nutrition segment, many calling it a superfood going by its nutrient density and most importantly, virgin coconut oil makes food taste incredibly orgasmic. I can NEVER want to use any other oil. Also boosts metabolisms hence improving digestion and weight management, so if you want to lose weight, this is the kind of bread you should be eating.
- Ground Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are one of the best reported sources of omega fats in a balanced for, but not great like hemp seeds which can be perfect substitute here as well as flax seed meal. Yes the add extra nutrients to the party but that’s not all they’ve got. I LOOOOOOOOOVE the superseeds due to their binding qualities meaning I can ditch the GMO factory farmed eggs in the market. Personally I don’t like eggs, even the kienyeji ones, it’s not my thing, maybe once in a while but I prefer plant food over animal, most of the time hehehe. Anyway we need binding here because the flour we are using has less gluten hence cutting it or holding a sandwich will be tricky without the binding.
- 1 Cup Spring Water
Mineral water is key here because most city plan water is laced with chemicals that might kill your yeast meaning no rise in your bread.
- 2 Tablespoons jaggery
- 1 tablespoon of INSTANT DRY YEAST
- Warm the water and mix the ground chia seed with the jaggery and the yeast, leave for 5 minutes to prove the yeast is indeed alive. Yeast are unicellular microorganisms that consume the food (jaggery, chia) and literarily pass out gas via belching and farting The Carbon dioxide then expands the gluten strands in your dough, making it rise, now you know.
- Mix the flour, salt and oil and then stir for 2 minutes until it stops sticking to the bowl.
- Transfer to a lightly floured working area and knead for at least 7 minutes, ideally for 12-15 depending on size of bread.
- Lightly oil a clean bowl and put the dough there. leave it for at least 2 hours on a cold morning, maybe 1 hour on a very hot afternoon.
- Punch down, knead a little bit more to evenly redistribute the yeast again and then cover with a cloth again and leave for another 2 hours. Patience pays here.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius and brush bread with coconut oil to prevent burning the crust and the cancerous compounds from forming as we discussed above. Using your paring knife, make a shallow lacerations along the top of the bread to help it rise evenly and beautifully.
- Bake for 30 minutes and then increase your oven temp to 230 degrees and bake for exactly 6 minutes, to make it GBD (Golden Brown and Delicious).
- Cool on the rack for 30-45 minutes before slicing, yum.