Nowadays I always make a light breakfast in the morning so that I can have plenty of energy for my morning work out and this Indian Chai tea is my favorite because it is quick to prepare and taste is out of this world delicious. Spicy and aromatic, the tea will surely wake up all your senses in an instant and you can make a lot and store in the fridge, it can keep for 3-4 days nicely.
I used a double dose of ginger (both dried inside the black tea as well as fresh ginger) on this one because it is such a healthful spice and also has the ability to cleanse the digestive tract, which is nice to do in the morning, detox and all. Cardamom is used in the traditional system of Unani medicine to actually treat gastrointestinal disorders. It is also a very great spice matters flavor, which is equally important.
- About a teaspoon each of whole cardamom, cinnamon sticks and whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon of black tea, used ketepa with tangawizi (ginger)
- 1/2 cup of goat milk, warmed
- Demerara unrefined sugar available at nakumatt
- Heat a pan over medium-low heat then put the dry spices there and leave them to toast, about 3 minutes or until you can smell the wonderful aromas.
- Add 2 cups of spring water, the crushed ginger and the black tea.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat then simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Strain into a cup, half full, then add warm goat milk and demerara unrefined sugar or your preferred sweetener.
- Enjoy with a brown chapati or crisp rye bread also available at nakumatt and uchumi
- Do work out and have fun 🙂