Chocolate has chemical compounds that actually make you feel like you are in love and happy, hence why it is the most celebrated foods on valentine’s day and this recipe does just that. It might sounds fancy and elegant, yes it is fancy and elegant but very simple and quick to prepare.
You just need a handful of ingredients and no slaving on D day, in fact you can make it 24 hours before.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons Green & Black’s organic cocoa powder (yes regular cocoa powder can do for now)
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (pepper accentuates the flavor of chocolate, as well as coffee, you can add espresso if you wish)
- 3 Tablespoons unrefined demerara sugar (or stevia or honey)
- 3 Tablespoons of rum/whiskey (optional – you can replace with vanilla extract)
- Mix 1 tablespoon if ground chia seeds with 1/2 cup water. They will be replacing eggs which act as the emulsifier (binder) for the mousse. Available at healthy U and almost all other health stores.
- hip the cream, I prefer using my own hands and a whisk because I can control the beating, we don’t want to make butter you know, but a mixer is also nice.
- In a separate bowl, mix cocoa powder, demerara unrefined sugar/stevia, cayenne pepper
- Mix the whiskey/rum with chia seed mixture and honey, then fold in the dry ingredients and whisk well.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, stirring every 30 minutes for the first 90 minutes – hence stirring and make love, not war 😉