Lemonade is one of my favorite drinks because it is so easy to make, very healthy and refreshing. It can also he consumed hot or cold so it is very versatile. To get the best flavor get local lemons which are even cheaper than the yellow imported lemons.
- Fresh juice of 2 small lemons or 1 and 1/2 big lemons (about 2 tot glasses of juice)
- Sugar/honey syrup (made by stirring 2 parts sugar/honey with 1 part hot water until the sweetener dissolves – syrup is much easier to mix with the lemon juice especially when cold) – about 1/5 of a cup or 3 tot glasses
- Fresh rosemary – burnt gently with a matchstick to release flavors (optional)
- Ice cubes (if you want hot lemonade omit the ice and warm water)
- Spring water, filtered water or boiled water (about 1/2 cup)
Mix everything together and stir for a few times. Enjoy