Radish greens are one of my favorite salad greens as they are so tasty and it is a great way of avoiding waste because most people just throw out the greens when they buy radishes. You can also make this salad using other salad green when the radishes are not in season or easily accessible. Watercress, arugula, even kale. A great salad starts with fresh, in-season ingredient so just use what you find.
Serve the salad with some fish, roast meat/chicken/pork or even add some avocado and tofu if you are going the plant-based way. It is such a refreshing salad and light. Perfect for this January heat.
- Red radishes. Good quality in-season radishes always have great greens attached to them. You may use arugula, kale, watercress or romaine lettuce. Regular lettuce will work but it has no flavor and no character.
- Fennel, chopped thinly (you may use red onion if you can’t get fennel.
- Carrot, grated
- Extra virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon
- wholegrain mustard, 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lime/lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- few grinds of black pepper
Whisk the dressing ingredients together and pour over the salad, toss and serve.