One of the most romantic ways to enjoy valentine’s day is to cook for your date. You control the music, ambiance and most importantly, the food :). This recipe can be easily made early so you get more time to spend with bae. You can also get store-bought sauces and just warm them up a little. Nowadays there are quite nice sauces in the supermarkets and health stores.
Serve it as a starter or even main course together with a salad and or rice/ugali.
- 1/2 KG of chicken wings
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- Few grinds of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg/kungumanga (you know what that does 😉
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small red onion
- Dania, stalks, one bunch
- 1 small fresh green chili pepper
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 fresh lemons
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard (available in most supermarkets)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of water to thin out the marinade and make it a little less powerful. A strong marinade can overpower the chicken
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Put the rest of the ingredients oin a blender and pulse a few times until smooth. Put chicken in marinade and leave it for at least 30 minutes or ideally overnight.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius and bake chicken wings for about 45 minutes.
Serve with tomato sauce, sriracha sauce, coleslaw/kachumbari, ugali or any other sides that you feel like. It is the kind of dish that works with almost anything 🙂 Plus, who wants to slave in the kitchen on Valentine’s day?