Yes, you read right. Raw kale/sukuma tastes really good in a salad like this. It is a light meal which is very filling and loaded with nutritious ingredients that are locally available. The sweetness of the mango works well in the salad. I used an Alphonso mango (embe dodo).
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onions (put 1 teaspoon of salt for about 5 minutes)
- 1/4 cup chopped sukuma/kale
- 1/4 cup diced mango
- 1/4 cup diced avocado
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber with skin on
- 1/4 grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon fermented milk or plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime/lemon juice
- A pinch of sea salt
- a pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small skinless chicken breast or chicken thigh
- A pinch of seas salt
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes, season with salt and pepper, heat pan, add virgin coconut/olive oil and brown the chicken pieces for about 4 minutes per side. You can add a little broth to avoid drying out the chicken.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and then pour over the salad and toss it to coat it well.