I love this fruit. I can’t live without it. It has so many health benefits and it can also be used in the home. ALways get the local, green lemons, which have more flavour and aroma.
- Lemon juice with tea – I like it in my herbal teas or ginger tea, with honey or brown sugar.
- Lemon Zest in Baked Goods – Grated lemon peels bring brilliant taste in cookies/muffins/cakes and all. The essential oils reside in the skin.
- Lemonade – Heat 1 cup of brown sugar with 1/2 cup of water, low heat, stir until sugar is dissolved, cool, add fresh lemon juice, throw the rind in there, add a little bit of water, ice cubes, serve or refrigerate it for a cool refreshment on the go. Kids love this.
- Lemon for cleaning – Mix hot water, bicarbonate of soda, lemon juice and lemon rind and use the liquid to clean. It leaves such a pleasant, natural aroma.
- Lemon for seafood and matumbo – The fruit does a great job in neutralizing these strong aromas.