If you follow my Facebook profile, you will know by now that I can’t stop talking about this breed called Somali goat. Here are my reasons.
- It is usually raised in the free-range or with nomads and they are fed with pasture and not grain-based feed like the grade ones.
- The meat is delicious because of the natural diet and lifestyle that the goats have.
- The meat is also tender and juice. This will save you time and fuels especially if you like making goat soup like me.
- Somali goat is very affordable. In Halal butcheries, it ranges about Ksh 450 a Kg to 550. In big meat markets like Kiamaiko, City Market, or Dagoretti market, it is way cheaper.
- The residual fat is amazing if you melt it by rendering it or boiling and letting it cool. You can mix with other fats/oils and use to cook, saving you money.