Thai curry was the inspiration, so I used a lot of lemongrass, chillies and ginger. I also added cayenne pepper to emulate the fiery Thai peppers.
- Heat pot, add oil, season chicken legs with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, brown the legs, two sides, for 4 minutes on each, medium-low heat. Set aside.
- Add the prepped, garlic, ginger, tomato, hoho, dania, chillies, lemongrass bulb, grated carrot, add some water or stock, a few tablespoons to prevent burning, cook on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add some stock/water, sea salt, taste, adjust, add back the browned chicken legs, coconut cream, cover, bring to a boil, simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Mix some of the cooking liquid with whole wheat (atta), in a cup, and use this to thicken the curry.
- Cook for about 7 more minutes, remove from heat, add freshly chopped dania leaves. Rest for 5 minutes and serve.