Kenchic chicken necks from supermarkets (Naivas) are of great value. 750g is Ksh 195 and the flavour is intense. You can even reboil the bones after eating, to make chicken stock for cooking your stews, curries, braises and sauces.
- Heat pot, add oil, add sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to the necks, brown them, 4 minutes per side. Set them aside
- Add crushed garlic, ginger, chopped tomato, dania, hoho, carrot, potato, onion, chillies, a few tablespoons of water to prevent burning, cook on low heat for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add a little garam masala, toast for about 1 minute
- Add back the necks, some water, salt, taste, adjust if necessary.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the chopped dania leaves, cover for about 5 minutes, then serve with veggies, avocado, chia, sesame, and flax seeds.